Whoa, was it a busy weekend. Friday as soon as I got off work I flew to Red Bud Winery to join the rest of my family for my father-in-law's retirement party that was put on by his work.
I was about 2 hours late but I didn't miss the speeches, thank goodness. We all stayed there until about 10p and then headed home to get things ready for a crazy Saturday.
I was about 2 hours late but I didn't miss the speeches, thank goodness. We all stayed there until about 10p and then headed home to get things ready for a crazy Saturday.
Saturday morning came way to fast. Oliver woke Tim at 5:30a because he was hungry... Evan woke me about 7a just because and Carter woke about 8a. Once we were all up we started getting ready for the day. Tim took the two little ones to his parents so we could get everything else ready for the Surprise Retirement party that afternoon. They were using our boys and Tad's (my nephew) birthday party to get him to the park. Tim came back, picked Carter up and took him to his first baseball practice of the year. I started getting ready for the day, gathering the things I needed to take to the park and taking extra clothes for the boys because it had rained the night before. Once everything was packed I ran to get Carter from practice and took him straight to a friends house for a Nerf Birthday Party, then stopped at my SIL's house to pick up some of her stuff for the park, stopped at WalMart for a few things then headed to the park. I arrived about 1:30p and met Tim, Matt and Lacey and started setting up.
People started showing up about 2p and Bob arrived at 3p. He thought he was going to his grandson's birthday party and was surprised when he got there and it was all his friends. The party lasted until about 8:30p. Once we had everything torn down, kids loaded up and said our good-byes, we headed to Tim's parents house to help them unload things and drop a few things off.
Bob though the boys needed a bath so we stayed and visited until about 10:30p. Once we got home we put the boys to bed, unloaded the car, put things away and headed straight to bed.
People started showing up about 2p and Bob arrived at 3p. He thought he was going to his grandson's birthday party and was surprised when he got there and it was all his friends. The party lasted until about 8:30p. Once we had everything torn down, kids loaded up and said our good-byes, we headed to Tim's parents house to help them unload things and drop a few things off.
Evan was making his own fun
since we wouldn't let him on the
play ground with the big kids.
Sunday morning came faster then Saturday's. Both the littles woke and I couldn't move. Tim got up with them and they headed downstairs for some tv time. I wasn't up to much later than them and I headed down and parked my butt on the sofa to join in the Fireman Sam marathon. Before we knew it we had to start getting ready for Easter with my mom and brothers.
We spent the afternoon on her huge patio sipping strawberry sangria and visiting while the kids played and the guys wished they brought their fishing poles.We did some Easter egg hunting and ate way to much.
We all left there about 4:30p and 2 of 3 boys were passed out before we got out of her subdivision.
Niece Stella, she is a riot.
The Ev's.. Evan and Everly. They are exactly 9 months apart.
Evan's first time actually hunting egg.. he kinda gets the concept.
My boys and nieces... #boymom #girlaunt
Once we got home we all vegged on the couch for a few hours before deciding that 7p was late enough for the littles to be sleeping or they wouldn't sleep at night.
We packed up and headed to Tim's parents for a few hours to visit and get the boys out... because they were refusing to wake otherwise. Once we got home everyone was off to bed, except Tim and I.... we wanted to enjoy some peace and quiet and watch a few shows before heading off to bed.
This kid and his hair... it needs cut. I just can't bring myself to do it.
It was a long weekend, I am exhausted and baseball has begun... things are starting to get busy and I have a feeling these next couple months are going to fly by.

















1 comment:
What a busy weekend! What does your FIL plan on doing in his retirement?
It was offered to us to move Brennan up out of Pee Wee ball and into the Cal Ripken minor league this year. Andy was all for it but I needed a little convincing. So we finally agreed so we will be on the road 4 nights a week, Mon thru Thur, this May and June. Help!!! I don't want to pay for a sitter for Tenley 4 nights a week, don't know what we'll do w/ her. Bren's excited to be playing w/ the big kids, hope it's not too taxing on everyone. In the meantime, soccer started this past Sat. That goes til the first weekend in may and ball starts immediately there after.
Post a Comment