Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Evan's 2nd Birthday Party...

I knew last year after Evan's first birthday party what theme I wanted to do. As a kid we always watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" it was what I looked forward to when Halloween rounded the corner. Evan got the movie for his birthday last year and my boys love it, some days we watch it on repeat. So what better theme for a fall birthday than that of the Great Pumpkin. 

I got on pinterest and got some ideas and then used some of my own to execute the decorations and such. I knew that I wanted to paint most of the decor, and what little bought decor I needed would be from a pumpkin patch OR the $1 store. Considering we always buy a bunch of pumpkins to carve it was a cost we were already putting out so I maybe spent $10 on actual decor.
As far as food we went with chili and hot dogs, nothing shouts fall like that.. I had a candy corn and peanut mix, mini pumpkin candy, chocolate bars...


 popcorn balls, bubble gum and lollipops. My mom made the pumpkin shaped cake and cake pops to look like rocks, or represent the rocks Charlie Brown gets while trick or treating.
I made my own HBD banner on my computer, bought the lite pumpkins from the $1 store, don't waste your money... I bought 6 and 4 tore and were useless before the party even started. 

The murals I painted represented two of the most popular scenes in the movie... one being the trick or treating scene and the other...


Linus with Sally in in the pumpkin patch waiting for the arrival of the Great Pumpkin. This backdrop obviously made for an awesome photo backdrop for the birthday boy in his Charlie Brown shirt. 

I figured the party would go late into the evening, since it didn't start until 6p, and it was going to get chilly... a few of Linus's blankets would help those with a chill.

Overall the party and the decorations turn out exactly how I wanted them too. I got a lot of compliments, some were impressed with my artistic skills and Evan has a blast... 



Now to think of next years idea. Any suggestions?

No comments: