Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The WORST Birthday Weekend EVER!

My birthday used to trump Friday the 13th. I don't ever remember an unlucky birthday when it landed on Friday... until this year. I took my always dying iphone 6 into get fixed. I was told it would just be a new batter and/or charger port and about $100. Ok-awesome... wrong. It all started last Friday the 13th, on my 38th birthday. First I stopped at the phone repair place because their "Open" sign was on... but they weren't open. So I stopped at Walmart only to figure out that when I got back to work I forgot the main thing I needed, Evan's birthday present. At lunch I ran to the phone repair place to drop off my phone then to Walmart and back to work. It all seems to be going good.... but then... After work I stop by the ATM to get a few dollars for Carter to attend Uncle E's alum football game then to pick up my phone. When I went to pay for my phone my debit card would NOT work. It kept getting denied. I grabbed the phone I was trying to pay for only to not get through to the bank, my call to be dropped or I sat on hold for 15 minutes while the employees just stared at me. I then decided enough embarrassment I will just run across town to the bank only to get there and be told that SCU cards are being denied at certain places because of a glitch in the credit processing company that facility was/is using. They proceed to list off all the companies in town that are denying them and guess what, all the gas stations and the place I was trying to use it were in the loop. I needed my phone and gas in my car before I left town. I withdrew the money from the bank, grabbed my phone from the repair shop and headed to the clubhouse for the weekend. Once there we unloaded all of Evan's party decor and such, started cleaning the pavilion and made tacos for anyone who wanted to join us. The night was going great until I plugged my phone in at midnight and the screen went to the restart screen to nothing at all... I let it sit on charge overnight and it still wouldn't turn back on. 

Now my Friday spilled over into my Saturday and I was NOT happy about it. I drove back to the repair shop to find on Saturdays they don't open at 9... nope, they open at 10 so I stopped and got gas then drove all the way home to grab a camera (because if I didn't have my phone I needed the camera) and then back to the repair shop. The guys tried to change the battery and that wasn't the problem so he asked if he could keep it and try something else. I left, headed back to the clubhouse and set up for Evan's party. At this point I was nixing decor left and right because I was so aggravated about my phone. I knew I had my mom and Aunt that were going to be trying to get a hold of me and there was no way to do so. About 3 hours later the guy calls on my phone with the worst news in the world... my phone is fried! I drive back to the shop to get my phone and  in further detail. Apparently the updates I have done in the past months were slowly destroying my phone. He stated that the main drive on my phone was just gone. He had put 4 new batteries and charging ports in my phone and it would not hold a charge and every 4 minutes the phone would power off, reset and come back on. There wasn't even enough time between resets to back anything up. Which meant I was losing pictures from June (when I started having issues) until October 12. I was heart broken but the only thing I could do was go to AT&T and see what they could do for me. Long story short... we were one month out of our warranty, I had 11 months until the upgrade, and because this bug was so new Apple wasn't filling insurance claims. I ended up taking my in-laws upgrade and am now walking about with a new iphone... but still have 11 months to pay on the broken one. Guys, this all happened before 2p...

Once I got back to the clubhouse I finished setting up for the party, got myself and the family ready before guests started showing up and enjoyed the rest of the evening celebrating my little guy turning 2... Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin style. The last of the guests helped clean everything up and then sat around the fire before heading home and us back to the camper. 

Sunday we were all up and out of the camper headed to church my 8:15, not without one kid falling in a mud puddle, the other two fighting because the oldest is in the car but won't help the 4 year old in first, and me screaming because everyone was already getting on my nerves. My niece, Harlow, was being baptized and I was the godmother so we had to be there... church was pure chaos with 8 cousins sitting in front and behind us, my boys would not sit still or stop being turds. The baptism was after church and then we headed to my SIL's photography studio for the party. My boys were just not stopping and we had a lot to get done at the clubhouse before we could even head home so we left before presents. Once back at the clubhouse Tim loaded my car with clubhouse stuff, I cleaned and got the camper ready for travel and once I was done with that the boys and I loaded up and headed home while Tim hooked the truck up. We got home about 3, got everything unloaded and put away about 4p. I made the leftover tacos for supper, we played with the kittens and went for a drive to the bottoms to look at the progress of Tim's family party barn. 


My luck started turning around about mid-Sunday afternoon. How was your weekend?

No comments: