Wednesday, February 25, 2015

21 Day Fix and a Recipe

First I want to apologize for promising you before and after pictures but not producing them. Tim and I discussed this and we decided that we are going to share all together in the end. It keeps it more suspenseful and keeps you coming back to see if we posted them yet. We are however going to be sharing our food selections from time to time on the Facebook  page (<---click the word Facebook. Now onto the updates...

Tim and I are rocking 21 Day Fix. The one thing we are super happy about is the fact that we are never hungry. So 7 of the 21 days are over and I have lost 3 pounds and Tim 3.5, I told you we were rocking it. I can really feel my loss when I put on my pants and they are already too big. Tim says he can't see it but I and surely tell in his belly and the fact that his jeans are baggier then usual. I am super proud of Tim too because he is measuring everything out and not just guessing, which I was afraid he was going to do.

We are keeping up with the exercises and I have to say if I ever get pregnant again these are the exercises I am going to do to keep from gaining 39847238 pounds like I did with Carter and Oliver. I have found that I really love working my core and these exercises really do it. I look for those abs after every exercise.... we are getting close-ish. 


On to our recipe. We made some tweaks to the Paleo Sweet Potato Chili that you can find here

PALEO SWEET POTATO CHILI
original recipe found here

2 lbs. hamburger (we used ground deer meat because it is free and really lean)
1 red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 large can (29.5 oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups petite diced tomatoes, with juice
3 cups beef stock
3-5 carrots, chopped 
4-5 zucchini's (chopped)
5 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed 
2 bay leaves
½ teaspoon thyme
2 tsp. salt
1½ teaspoons black pepper
½ cup chili powder
dash of oregano
dash of red pepper flakes
*1-2 cups water depending on how thick or thin you like your chili

- In a large in a skillet, brown hamburger, onions and garlic. Drain off the fat, however deer meat had very little fat when you are finished so there is usually nothing to drain. Add all ingredients to a stock pot. Mix well, bring to a boil and simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and carrots are cooked through.


- You can do this in a crock pot too. Cook your meat, add the ingredients to the pot and then cook on low for 6-8 hours.

1 comment:

Erin Shell ~ Living A Love Song said...

I'm going to have to give that recipe a try. It sounds delicious!