It was a cold weekend and all I wanted to do was be lazy but that wasn't the case, except for Friday. We skipped eating healthy and threw in a pizza and when we were finished with that we skipped exercising and lounged on the couch watching Big Hero 6 again. It was cold and all I wanted was to be warm.... so the date with my blanket and mini snuggle bug it was.
Saturday I had 2 showers and kind of forgot about one until that morning. So Oli and I were up early fed and out the door by 10:30 so I could run to town for shower #2's gift, then to the banks and to get Oliver's hair cut. As we were sitting at the salon Tim walked in so he took Oliver home from there, which was nice because then I had a couple hours to myself.
The first shower was a baby shower for my friend Kim S. Although I couldn't stay long the food was delicious and the company was fun. There were so many babies and pregnant women there it was really giving me the fever. The second shower was a bridal shower for my friend Jenny S. She got a lot of nice things and the company was fun. I love catching up with my friends, especially those I hadn't seen in a while. It really started to snow by the time I left the bridal shower so I headed home to attempt to get warm. I was layered in yoga pants, sweatshirt and blankets. I just couldn't get warm. The Vogt's texted wanting to know if we wanted to come over for supper and let the little's play a bit so Tim and I bundled up and headed over. The drive wasn't too bad since they are only a couple miles from our house but the roads were getting covered fast. The boys played so well together and had fun.
We finally left about 9p and Oliver was asleep before we even left their subdivision and didn't wake even after we put him to bed.
Oliver and Dad getting their hair cut together...
The first shower was a baby shower for my friend Kim S. Although I couldn't stay long the food was delicious and the company was fun. There were so many babies and pregnant women there it was really giving me the fever. The second shower was a bridal shower for my friend Jenny S. She got a lot of nice things and the company was fun. I love catching up with my friends, especially those I hadn't seen in a while. It really started to snow by the time I left the bridal shower so I headed home to attempt to get warm. I was layered in yoga pants, sweatshirt and blankets. I just couldn't get warm. The Vogt's texted wanting to know if we wanted to come over for supper and let the little's play a bit so Tim and I bundled up and headed over. The drive wasn't too bad since they are only a couple miles from our house but the roads were getting covered fast. The boys played so well together and had fun.
Was hard getting a good picture, they
wouldn't stop moving.
We finally left about 9p and Oliver was asleep before we even left their subdivision and didn't wake even after we put him to bed.
Sunday there was no sleeping in. Oliver was up by 7:30 and Tim made him come wake me up. I decided to make french toast for breakfast. I don't think I have ever really made french toast and it turned out amazing. Oliver had three slices.
Once we were finished with breakfast Oliver and I went and lounged on the couch watching Planes Fire and Rescue while Tim snuck out of the house to blade the driveway. Oliver never left my side and ended up falling asleep about 5 minutes into the movie. I finished watching it and since I couldn't move and the only remote I could reach without waking Oliver was the DVD remote I hit play on the movie again.... and I ended up falling asleep. By the time Tim got in the house Oliver and I had woke and it was time for lunch. After lunch we decided we should head down to the family clubhouse for some family sledding fun. Oliver went down the huge a few times, more on the 4-wheeler then in an actual sled but he had fun.
Once it was time to leave it was also time to get Carter. Once we got home I wasn't feeling good so I spend the remainder of the evening vertical while Tim fed the boys and got them ready for bed. Oliver finally indicated at 9 that he was ready to head up to bed to I took that as a good time for me to go to bed too.
Once we were finished with breakfast Oliver and I went and lounged on the couch watching Planes Fire and Rescue while Tim snuck out of the house to blade the driveway. Oliver never left my side and ended up falling asleep about 5 minutes into the movie. I finished watching it and since I couldn't move and the only remote I could reach without waking Oliver was the DVD remote I hit play on the movie again.... and I ended up falling asleep. By the time Tim got in the house Oliver and I had woke and it was time for lunch. After lunch we decided we should head down to the family clubhouse for some family sledding fun. Oliver went down the huge a few times, more on the 4-wheeler then in an actual sled but he had fun.
Once it was time to leave it was also time to get Carter. Once we got home I wasn't feeling good so I spend the remainder of the evening vertical while Tim fed the boys and got them ready for bed. Oliver finally indicated at 9 that he was ready to head up to bed to I took that as a good time for me to go to bed too.
Now it's Monday, I am still under the weather but I am pulling myself together and I am at work, barely. What did you do to stay warm this weekend? Or did you play in the snow too?












No comments:
Post a Comment