Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Diet Update

So I am having to change a few things around in my diet and exercise because the weight loss is starting to slow down. I knew this would happen but I was hoping it would wait a pound or three. It slowed on an odd number and I really hate odd numbers. I am now working my butt off to even lose that one pound so I am at an even number again.  

We are walking any where between 1-2 miles at night. Oliver loves it because he gets a wagon ride or a stroller ride. Carter loves "racing" the walker and the runner always beats the walker. Right now we are racing to get outside before sundown. Yes- the time has changed but it goes down about 7:15 p.m. and we get home at 6:45, have to eat, do homework, and clean dishes before heading out for the walk. I am looking into some exercise videos as well. As I do my research I start to feel overwhelmed. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. 

We are still eating pretty clean (with the exception of the past two Saturdays-eek). If I did have a cheat or two I have maintained and picked up where I left off. As a family, we have found several recipes that we have fell in love with. It is a good sign when my 30 and 7 year old are asking to have it again. I will start sharing them with you as I give you a diet update. Who wants to read about my success (or pitfalls) and not get something out of it for themselves. Some of the recipes I have altered to my own and some I didn't have to change at all, I will share that information with you as well. So without further adieu the first recipe my family fell in love with is....

Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
Found on Pinterest
on blog Taste of Home

Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce Recipe

We did make a few changes.

* We left off the Parmesan cheese. 
Because I have currently cut all dairy.
But.. the boys do add some to theirs later.

* Where it tells you how to cook the squash-
skip the whole cooking squash section.
Follow this.... prick the squash
with a fork about 7-10 times. Place it in 
the microwave for 10 minutes.
Cut it in half, remove seeds, and fluff.
Simple as that. Then proceed to the 
"Meanwhile, brown beef in a large skillet..."

* We don't serve the squash and meat sauce separate. 
We like to mix our spaghetti so it's evenly coated 
in saucy goodness. 

If you try this for your family let me know. I want to know if your family liked it as much as mine does. 

1 comment:

Taylor Jeavons said...

Sweet bajesus you can cook a spaghetti squash that easily???? That is amazing! And how y'all get out side after eating and dishes in a half hour is amazing!

Tattered to Taylored