Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chocolate Covered Whats?!?!?

I stumbled upon a friend FB post talking about gummy bears and back in May when he posted it I was pregnant. I would eat anything anyone mentioned and that post made me hungry for Gummy Bears. Well, that conversation went on and someone mentioned chocolate covered gummy bears. I stopped dead in my tracks and had to read it like 9238984 times to make sure I read it correctly. I looked up having this delicacy delivered to me but they are a little pricey, or more then I wanted to spend on gummy bears. I looked into making them on my own and found it's super easy. Seriously 2 ingredients easy. So later that day I was reading a bloggers post and she mentioned something about gummy bears, did I mention she is pregnant too? I had to share with her my find and she was just as shocked by the chocolate covered what? as I was. A few days later I get an email sharing how good these little baby's were and that she was addicted. I knew I had to try them but every time I would remember to make them I was too tired. Well last Thursday C and I decided to make them and I have to say... easy peasy lemon squeezy. There are a few things I would do different (like not send my husband out for the gummy bears only for him to get the "cheap" ones).

You need:
Gummy Bears (preferrably the Harbaro ones- gas station ones aren't as fresh)
Milk Chocolate (melted)
Toothpicks
Wax Paper




As C would say... you have to put the toothpick into the butt of the gummy bear... As you are doing this you want to make sure the toothpick is really in there. The ones I let C do were barely poked and I had to re-do them.
They will look like this.....

Then in a microwave safe bowl melt your chocolate, be careful not to burn the chocolate. While we were waiting for the chocolate to melt I had the opportunity for a photo shoot with the cutest helper in the house... *note I said helper and not baby, O is the cutest baby in the house

Yep, we are sporting our aprons, C is messy with everything. 

Once the chocolate is melted dip your bear on a stick in the chocolate so it's all covered.


Then lay them nicely on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. 

You then pop them in the freezer for literally one minute for the chocolate to harden. Once you take them out you can enjoy.... here is C's rating.... Two Thumbs Up... I say two because the other is putting like his 5th bear in his mouth so I believe he likes them. 

If you try them let me know what you think. I wished I would have tried them when I was pregnant so I could eat all I wanted. Now that I am watching what I put in my mouth I have to distance myself from them. 





No comments: