The boys and I started our weekend about well.. as soon as we woke up. C wanted to cuddle with O before we headed out to start our day and before he was dropped off at his dads. He really does miss him when he is at his dads and the first person he wants to hug and kiss when he gets home is O.
The Aunts threw together an inpromptu Swim Party day and since I am normally working for these I was excited to take the boys. But first we had to do some running in the morning. Once we got to the pool I was able to get C settled in and supervised by a few Aunts and Cousins and then O and I had to leave and head to my 6 week post baby doctors appointment. Once I was finished there I was released to swim so O and I headed back to the pool for some family fun with some hopes to swim. I had been looking forward to this day all summer. I really wanted to swim! BUT once I got back to the pool and tested the water it was way to cold for O and I to swim in so we just visited with Grandma and the Aunts while C had a blast playing with his cousins and swimming.
The Aunts threw together an inpromptu Swim Party day and since I am normally working for these I was excited to take the boys. But first we had to do some running in the morning. Once we got to the pool I was able to get C settled in and supervised by a few Aunts and Cousins and then O and I had to leave and head to my 6 week post baby doctors appointment. Once I was finished there I was released to swim so O and I headed back to the pool for some family fun with some hopes to swim. I had been looking forward to this day all summer. I really wanted to swim! BUT once I got back to the pool and tested the water it was way to cold for O and I to swim in so we just visited with Grandma and the Aunts while C had a blast playing with his cousins and swimming.
Once it was time to leave I loaded everyone up we headed for home but not before dropping C off at his dads for the weekend, I hate these weekends. Once C was safe at his dads O and I headed home to wait for Tim to get off work which wasn't long after we got home. We decided we didn't want to cook dinner so we headed to Lisa's to eat. Once we got back home we all went straight to bed.
Saturday we laid around a bit before having to get ready for the 67th Annual Vasquez Family Reunion. We knew it was going to be a long day so we needed all the rest we could get. O was dressed and ready to impress in his "I'm new here" shirt, matching diaper, sunglasses and Wubbanub.
Actually, all new baby's are given this "I'm new here" t-shirt to wear to their first Vasquez reunion. O wore his with pride all day long.Saturday we laid around a bit before having to get ready for the 67th Annual Vasquez Family Reunion. We knew it was going to be a long day so we needed all the rest we could get. O was dressed and ready to impress in his "I'm new here" shirt, matching diaper, sunglasses and Wubbanub.
On milestone reunion years our family is known to not only give the new born's t-shirts but each of the 13 families are assigned a color and they get t-shirts to wear that has a fun Vasquez logo on it. We tend to go all out for our family events. What other family reunion do you know has a bags tournament, washers tournament, euchre tournament, horse rides, minute to win it games, bounce houses for the kids, yard jenga, play area for the really little little's, line dancing, art and crafts table, and the topper it's very own church service (with communion). We go all out and it is always very well executed, the fun times are endless and there is food as far as the eye can see.
O even won the youngest attendant at the reunion. He got to take a picture with the oldest attendant, O's Great-great Uncle Vernon who is 91 years young. Uncle Vernon is number 7 of 13 children, my Grandpa Marc was the 13th.
It was a long day. We got home about 8-ish, we all took showers and went straight to bed. I don't even remember hitting the pillow.
Sunday Tim and O let me sleep in until about 8:30a. Tim brought O to me before he left to go work on the duck blind so O and I laid in bed until about 10:30a. This was my last "lay in bed with him as long as I want" day because today is that dreaded return back to work day and I was going to soak up every minute of O as I could. We basically laid around the house all day until we had to pick C up from his dad. Once we got back home from picking C up we went back to watching movies and laying around. We all went to bed about 8:30p so we could get a good start to our Monday.
I am going to miss being with him all day long.
Seriously, the tears keep falling like someone ripped
a part of him away from me.
Now it's Monday, the day I dreaded for 6 whole weeks. I am going to power through this day and get home to my family as fast but as safe as I can. How was your weekend?
















No comments:
Post a Comment