Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday's Recipe (Chicken Enchiladas)

I got this featured recipe from a lady I worked with at the courthouse and Tim LOVES it. When she gave it to me it had very little seasonings in it and I love the spice cabinet so I put my own spin on it. 

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

What You Will Need:
Family Pack Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (boiled and chopped)
1 Pk Tortillas
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cups Sour Cream
1-8oz block Cream Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 med. can Green Chilies
1 sm. Onion (chopped)
Pepper 
Garlic Salt
Taco Seasoning

What To Do:
  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • In a large bowl combine 1 cup shredded cheese, block of cream cheese, onion, pepper, 1 tbsp taco seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, pepper and the shredded chicken. Mix until well blended. Spread a generous amount of  the mixture onto half the tortilla and roll. Place the roll with fold side down into a 9x13 baking dish, it should fit 8 rolls tightly. 

The left picture is an example of my generous amount of filling.
The picture on the right are 7 of the 8 rolls fitting snug in their dish. 

  • In a small bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, a few dashes of taco seasoning (for color), a 1/2 cup cheese, a few dashes of pepper and garlic salt. Mix together well and then spread on top of the tortilla rolls. Take remaining cheest (or amount of your liking) and sprinkle it on top of the dish. Place in the oven for about 30  min. 


Tim loves this and things I should make it more often.
 I hope you enjoy it too. 

No comments: