Does anyone else have an issue with their children NOT listening. When I say not listening I mean I can be sitting right in front of him, we can be looking each other in the eye and I will tell him to do something in my regular tone of voice and the response I would get is something like this..... "What?"
IT DRIVES ME CRAZY.
Or do you ever tell your kids to do something and they just walk in circles and by the third circle they forgot what you told them to do. I mean seriously. This momma has been going crazy because of it. I will ask him to do his every day tasks like; get dressed, get your shoes on, get your coat on, get your backpack and lunch box ready... and so on. Now when I ask him to do any of those things he will be standing around me, actually pestering me, and he will say "ok" and walk into his room and play or walk in circles, hell, once he walked into the bathroom turned and came back out and said..."what do you want me to do?" I am at my wits end. Tim doesn't help at all either because he does the same thing, well kinda. I can at least ask him to do something and he will do it but not completely what way I explained, at least in the end it gets done, with Carter it's a different story.
He may be cute but oh he make me mad when he doesn't listen.
I couldn't take it anymore, last week I was in a bad mood because I had asked them both to do something and they didn't because they didn't hear me, or so they say, so at the dinner table I went off. I don't think they heard a word I said but from now on if I tell/ask them something I am only doing it once. If I have to pick up something that is theirs I will throw it away. If Carter doesn't have something ready when I am ready to walk out the door then I guess he goes without it. I am tired talking and it appearing I am mute, I mean people always tell me to be quiet and yet my boys act like I don't talk at all.
Don't let this one fool you either....
I am not so worried about the 28 year old it the 5 year old that really gets to me. Does anyone else have this issue?






3 comments:
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. But I have 2 of them that tag team me. And actually things aren't going so well at the sitter either & I might be looking for a new one. :( I don't know if it's a boy thing or an age thing or if it's me failing as a parent. Hang in there. You are not alone.
oh, yes! My boys do the same thing. And they are sooo silly acting. They don't fight, but they play and act silly all the time! In the grocery store, in the car at dinner. It drives me crazy!! But, I tell myself, at least they are happy and not fighting. Good luck, lady!
Ummmm....it's a boy thing. Trust me.
Post a Comment