Hello Blog Land! I literally have not visited with you in over two months. I promised myself I would always record the weekend and even that fell by the wayside.
A few years back I started spending January - March redoing a room in the house. First was the Boy's room, which I know I never revealed BUT it still isn't reveal worthy. Last year I redid the Master Room, which I also never shared because it too isn't ready. I am actually waiting on better weather so I can refinished the pieces that are needed to complete the room.
This year BIG things are happening in the Keller house... or should I say TO the Keller house. I had been wanting to repaint the dining room from the ugly yellow to a clean gray and white for some time now. Presidents Day 2018 was the day it happened and I fell in love....then snowballed into re finishing the kitchen cabinets AND countertops. Which was decided on a Friday night at 7:30 P.M. when I just started ripping wallpaper off the walls.
I promise by the end of the summer I will reveal both the Master Bedroom AND the Kitchen/Dining Room's. I do post teasers to my IG so your welcome to check them out.
In the meantime I will leave you with my dining room/kitchen before's. (insert pukey face)
A few years back I started spending January - March redoing a room in the house. First was the Boy's room, which I know I never revealed BUT it still isn't reveal worthy. Last year I redid the Master Room, which I also never shared because it too isn't ready. I am actually waiting on better weather so I can refinished the pieces that are needed to complete the room.
This year BIG things are happening in the Keller house... or should I say TO the Keller house. I had been wanting to repaint the dining room from the ugly yellow to a clean gray and white for some time now. Presidents Day 2018 was the day it happened and I fell in love....then snowballed into re finishing the kitchen cabinets AND countertops. Which was decided on a Friday night at 7:30 P.M. when I just started ripping wallpaper off the walls.
I promise by the end of the summer I will reveal both the Master Bedroom AND the Kitchen/Dining Room's. I do post teasers to my IG so your welcome to check them out.
In the meantime I will leave you with my dining room/kitchen before's. (insert pukey face)
There was a hole in the wall where the Great Uncles had their tv stand because they used our living room as a "pool room" aka junk room. We were initially going to put shelves there so never filled it in... then we decided against it after kids and was left with a gray/mud and tape spot for over 5 years. Don't get me started on the yellow. I didn't live with my husband until after marriage, although I painted the whole house he demanded on picking the colors, which I hated the whole time but thought anything was better than the kelly green walls and tractor wallpaper that was in the room prior to it being yellow. I would just give him time with his colors and them "poof" change them 5 years later.
Then there is the kitchen, which is separated from the dining room by a 9' opening and 2 short walls. It was covered in UGLY wallpaper... which we didn't remove during the time we removed the ugly tractor wallpaper because it was "tolerable". Even though it did not match and was uglier than sin we dealt with it... until the dining room was looking cute and the kitchen wasn't even attempting to blend in... this is where kitchen resurfacing commenced.
The wallpaper vanished in a weekend, the top cabinets are already resurfaced, we are currently working on the countertop resurfacing and then we will do the bottom cabinets. In this process I may also have to re-paint our fridge because she works great but is off-white and everything else is white... plus our butcher block, table and chairs, bench and coffee bar will all be getting facelifts.
I will be posting on all of these things throughout... So check back every now and then to see what is new... and you are going to what to know why I fired my husband.





No comments:
Post a Comment