Sunday, January 7, 2018

Ringing in the New Year...

How is it the first week of 2018 is winding down. I hope this doesn't represent how fast this year will go because we have a lot of memories to be made... There were even a few made this past weekend.

Oliver got to go with Grandpa Keller deer hunting and Tim took off early to go. I just prayed I could get off early... which didn't really happen. I was able to catch the last hour and saw nothing BUT in a distance I hear a shot and 30 seconds later another. That could only mean two things, one of the two men shot twice or they both got a deer... well, they both got a deer. Oliver was one really excited little guy to msee Grandpa get a deer only to have his dad pull up to help retrieve the deer and have one of his own on the back of his truck.  We spent the remainder of the evening watching Tim and his dad clean the deer. 

Saturday I got up to help alone where I saw 4 bucks and a doe. The doe never came close enough so at 9:30 I called it and went in to warm up. I also got ready and headed to Tim's parents for their Christmas. About 3p I headed back to the stand in hopes to get a doe... considering everyone at my camp was going on their second deer. I saw nothing so headed in for the night where I met my boys at Tim's parents only to turn around to head home and to bed. 

Sunday, New Year's Eve, I was up early and out the door headed to my SIL's house for a surprise 30th Birthday Brunch. We left her house at 9:30 and went to Gamlin Whiskey House in St. Louis. I would love to go back for supper because I got shrimp and grits with an egg over-easy on it and it was amazing... and don't get me started on their bloody mary's, YUM!  Once we left there we headed to The Fountain. They specialize in ice cream... and ice cream alcoholic beverages. I got a chocolate ice cream martini and it was delicious. When we left there we headed back to my SIL's house where she had to turn around, change clothes and leave for more reservations with my brother. I got home about 5p where I spent the remainder of the night snuggled in with Tim, Oliver and Evan on the couch watching what ever movie they wanted to watch. I believe we were all asleep by 10:30. 

Monday we spent just laying around trying to stay warm and watching movies until my brother text asking us to come over for games and appetizers. While there we played QuikWitz and Deer in the Headlights. We had so much fun that we decided this was going to actually be out New Years Eve group... until our kids are old enough to not want to hang with us anymore. We got home about 11p and headed straight to bed.                 

No comments: