Monday, December 4, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

I was off a half day Thursday through Sunday and all I really did was deer hunt. Out of all the family members hunting I saw the most but the only one who didn't get a deer. How that is I have no idea...I still always get really excited for those that get one, as if I got my own. 

Sunday afternoons hunt was the most memorable. I took Oliver who is always talking about hunting and "hunt's" everyday. He has gone with Tim twice in previous years, however this year he really started to get it, in a way. 

He was extra quiet but wouldn't stop asking to use my binoculars between playing on his Leapster. He sat very still and at one point took a nap. 

Unfortunately we didn't see anything and when we got back to the car Oliver says "Mommy, thanks for taking me hunting. I had fun." That alone made my hunting experience that afternoon the best one yet. 

Now he still got to see a deer. I checked my phone before leaving the field and I told him we got a text from Aunt Lacey saying she shot a doe. He started to get really excited. Oliver and I met Tim and headed to where Lacey was hunting to help bring it home. Oliver was so excited to get to see a deer (albeit dead) before the hunting evening was over. The remainder of the night he kept saying "you know I am a hunter".


No comments: