This weekend was our Annual Fall Classic Campout, a/k/a the last camping event of the year. Friday Tim and the boys headed down after work while I milled about Waterloo until Carter's 4H Award Program started. He received a superior in Technology and got firsts in Cooking and Photography. He was pretty proud of himself, as was I.
Once I got to the clubhouse I visited a bit before heading off to bed with Evan and Oliver.
Saturday we were up and milling about about 9a, had breakfast ate by 10:30 and were setting on our 10 mile round trip bike ride by 11a. I thought it would be a great idea to pull Oliver AND Evan in the bike wagon... this was later a huge regret. See Oliver weights 37 lbs and Evan 33.5, those two alone were 70 lbs and I wasn't adding the bike trailer.
The hills and slight inclines killed me. Tim didn't go with me and I take my Aunts and Uncles who would stroll up beside me, grab the trailer and start pushing us up the hills. It was a 5 mile ride to the closest town where we stopped for snacks and beverages.
When we left there my Aunt had the ok to stop at a farm and see all their calves, cows and chickens. My boys were in heaven. Oliver was right in the calf pin and was not phased when he was told he was sitting in chicken poop.
The ride back was hell, I literally was giving up right at the end and was going to just walk my bike the rest of the way but my Aunts wouldn't let me. Once I made it back to the clubhouse I was exhausted. It took everything I had to get Evan showered and ready for his 2 year pictures that my SIL at Raven Vasquez Photography was taking for us. Once the pictures were over I spend the remainder of the evening in one spot, with the same beer in my hand until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer then I was off to bed... at 8:30pm.
Sunday I thought I would be sore but to my surprise I was not. I was a little sore where the edge of the bike seat hit my thighs but that was it, not muscle soreness at all. With it being out last camp out of the year we all pitched in and closed up everything... that is until Evan escaped the clubhouse with a sucker in hand. As I followed him outside Tim caught up with us at the same time Evan was dropping said sucker on the ground and crying as he was wiping his mouth. I kept looking in his mouth but never saw anything until I folded his bottom lip down and found a stinger sticking out. The bee stung him and he ate the bee... We gave him benedryl and knowing there wasn't a place to put him for a nap I loaded him in the car to get Carter and head home so I could watch him better. One the way to get Carter from his dad Evan became lethargic and wouldn't respond to me. Once I got to Carter's dads I rushed in the house for Carter, they gave me a rag and some ice. On the way home Carter managed to wake Evan, get him to chew on ice and kept him laughing... but the poor baby's bottom lip and left side of his face was really swollen. Once we were home for about 2 hours the swelling went down and he was acting himself. My biggest concern was that tongue... I kept watching to make sure it wasn't swelling.
By the time we got the camper unloaded we were loading up the walnuts Carter collected and off to turn them in.
It was kind of fun watching them shell the nuts to get an accurate weight for Carter's payment. He had 156 lbs and made over $20. Once we were finished we headed home and spend the rest of the evening relaxing.






No comments:
Post a Comment