This past weekend was our Annual Vasquez-Treveer Float Trip. This has been going on since before I was born and although I have missed about 10-ish years I started going back like I didn't miss a beat. My boys are now making the memories with their cousins and Great Aunts and Uncles. We drove down on Thursday, got set up and just relaxed around the fire for the evening.
Friday we were on the river by 11a and floated until probably about 6:30p. The best time to float with family (kids) is Friday. There is hardly anyone on the river, there aren't drunk 20-somethings beer bonging and flashing boobies and it's just a quiet time for the kids to enjoy.
I know my boys had a blast. We started off at a group of 5 but shortly after we took off Oliver jumped in Great Uncle Rodney's boat and Carter jumped in with Uncle Randy and left Tim, Evan and I to float in 6 man raft alone. Evan loved floating until he realized he could play in the water.
Once he realized that he could play in the water it was hard to get him back in the boat. There were actually times that I was floating in areas I could not touch with Evan on my back just keep him happy, and because I wouldn't let him just float in the water alone. He giggled and smiled the whole time he was in the water...
I hardly saw Oliver once he jumped ship. At one point in time he passed our raft riding on the front of a Treveer cousin's kayak. Oliver had the best time... probably out of our whole group he had the best time. Carter is my reserved child so I know he had fun but he also just kept within his comfort zone.
When Evan couldn't be in the water he wanted to eat... all the time. He even learned how to get into the cooler and pull out the food he has wanted.
Once we were off the river we got cleaned up, ate dinner and was ready to relax around the fire. However, Oliver and Evan were exhausted so we called it a night about 9p while Tim and Carter stayed out and socialized.
Saturday morning we were up and ready to sit in the river. But not before a little cousin pillow fight. You really never know what Evan and Stella are up to... They are two peas in a pod.
Once we were all sitting at the river the pre-teens were armed with nets and buckets and off catching crawdads and minnows, the older teen-aged kids were begging adults to go with them on the tube loop.
And the littles were busy just playing with rocks, floating on rafts and taking turns napping in the "nap tent".
Oh, and how dare I forget the adults... The ladies were watching their kids and babysitting their husbands while the husbands were soaking up the shade, consuming maybe one to many adult beverages... and daring each other to crawl up the dead (almost hollow) tree that was hanging over shallow water.
The ladies were basically the ones to determine it was time to take off the water when the husbands were attempting to talk the kids into climbing the tree. Once we were all back and cleaned up the kids started playing with water balloons, a few people passed out, and others just hung around the fire. We went for our annual Dip-n-Dots run and when we got back a few of my grade school friends found our group and walked over to visit. My boys made new friends and I got to catch up with old friends.
Sunday while we were packing up to head home the older kids went for a horseback ride. This was something Carter really wanted to do but was super nervous. When he got back to camp he was so excited that he tried it he said he was going to beg his dad to go when they go back in a few weeks.
Evan passed out before we left the campsite, Oliver never fell asleep and Carter decided to nap about 20 minutes from home.
Once we were home everyone helped unload the camper, I had laundry started and all 4 boys were napping on the couch by 2p. I decided I wasn't going to let the pool go to waste so I aired up my raft and headed out... only to discover it was a disgusting mess. SO, I skimmed, vacuumed and skimmed some more. I was frustrated because I hadn't got to use the pool in over a week and here I get in and I have to scrub it before I used it. Once I got it clean I relaxed in it for a few hours before the boys joined me about 7p. Time flew while we were in there splashing around because before you knew it it was time to get out and head off to bed.
What did you do this past weekend?



















2 comments:
This looks like ssssoooo much fun! And Evan's hair. Those curls!!!
You guys look like you had a lot of fun!! Your boys are getting so big!!
Post a Comment