This weekend was full of memories but very low key and I was ok with that. We are getting to the age where there are less bridal showers, baby showers and weddings. Things are starting to slow down and we have time for family time.
Friday I was wanting to take the littles to the movies but I got off work a little late and Tim was procrastinating as much as he could, because he didn't want to go. Oliver was extremely unhappy about this, actually blamed Tim for not getting to go and tugged at my heart strings. He had money to spend from his birthday so we took him to Walmart, his favorite store besides Rural King, to buy crap.
He walked away with a remote control dump truck, fidget spinner (insert eye roll), paw patrol toy and a cup of cookies. I am lucky he didn't think to buy the fish. He was so excited to buy his own stuff he went into this trip with a list he made on his own. Once we got home everyone went straight to bed.
Saturday we attempted to sleep in but Oliver and Evan weren't having it. Tim made breakfast and by 10:30a we were out of the house and headed to Belleville, Our first stop, Camper Exchange. I thought Tim was going to be in there for hours just looking at camper accessories. We were in there for an hour. I didn't complain once, just sat in the floor model lawn chairs and played with the boys. Do you think if I took him to even Target for one hour I would get the same courtesy? I think I would give him 15 minutes then he would be rushing me out of the store. Anyway, once we left there we were headed to my moms, where we stayed from noon to 8p swimming, visiting, playing with cousins and eating pizza and tacos (because my mom rocks like that and LOVES to feed people).
When we left there the boys literally passed out, which made bed time super easy.
When we left there the boys literally passed out, which made bed time super easy.
Sunday they were up and at-um again so there was no sleeping in. Tim had crap around the house he wanted to get done so Oli, Evan and I loaded up and headed to the theaters to see Cars 3. I have had a little boy for the release of every Cars movie made and I love the fact that I get to go to the theaters to watch the new movies with them.
Once the movie was over we headed home to nap, get dad and head to New Athens to get Carter from his dads before heading to see my Grandpa Zip for a birthday visit (his birthday is the day before Carters). We stayed for about an hour before heading home. Once home everyone got their baths and off to bed.
Once the movie was over we headed home to nap, get dad and head to New Athens to get Carter from his dads before heading to see my Grandpa Zip for a birthday visit (his birthday is the day before Carters). We stayed for about an hour before heading home. Once home everyone got their baths and off to bed.
Let me tell you, Monday made up for all the fun stuff we did this weekend. Within the first hour of being up I had been puked on, running late to get Carter to cooking class, babysitter had a family emergency and couldn't get a hold of an alternate ride for Carter. Seriously, I considered at beer at 8:30a because I had already had a whole days worth of decisions and changes in. Things got better and here is to hoping the rest of the week is looking up too. What did you do this weekend?










No comments:
Post a Comment