This past weekend is always the weekend I look forward to every year. The closing of the Vasquez Clubhouse Weekend a/k/a Grandpa's Weekend. This year there were a few bumps in the road but in the end we still had an amazing weekend. Friday night I got a text from Tim saying he was off work and going to get the camper and boys and that he would meet me at the clubhouse when I got off work. I then got a text from him about a hour later saying that he was almost to the clubhouse and a tire blew on the camper. Then there was radio silence and I was starting to panic because I was still at work, he had the two littlest and I didn't even know if they were all ok. I was let off work about 15 minutes and no sooner then I got in my car Tim called and told me they were back on the road and everything is good but that I needed to hurry because Evan was having a melt down. We spent the evening watching the kids play, visiting with family and enjoying one of the last nights around the campfire. I headed to bed about 11p and I can not tell you when Tim finally came to bed.
Saturday morning about 5a I heard a velcro sound but didn't think anything of it, until I heard the camper door open. At that moment I knew it was Oliver. I sat straight up in bed and stopped him from exiting into a dark abyss. Then Evan woke, UGH! We turned a movie on for them and they watched quietly while Tim and I dozed in and out of sleep until we knew the boys were out again too. Finally about 8 Tim and Oliver headed to WalMart to get me a new bike tire while Evan and I took our time gathering the things we needed to take to the Clubhouse and getting ourselves ready for the day. We made to the clubhouse by the skin of our teeth... we almost missed breakfast. I got my dinner in the crockpot, watched Tim get my bike ready for the big ride and met a friend who was picking up a bunk bed from my Aunt.
Once that was all taken care of we hit the road. The hardest part of the ride, besides pulling the 36lb live weight in a bike trailer, was getting up the big hill on the rock road that leads to the clubhouse.
We weren't even halfway to our destination when my pedal fell off. I called for backup, hooked Oliver up to my Aunts bike and sent everyone on their way while I waited for the roadside assistance. When Tim showed up I switched bikes, he offered me a ride to catch up but I refused... I was in it for the bike ride. I took off and pedaled my butt off until I caught up with them. We sat at the Wine & Dine for about 40 minutes then headed back. We spent the remainder of the evening munching, visiting and planning the upcoming holidays. The best part of this day was when my grandma showed up. She hasn't been down there to really enjoy herself since my grandpa passed in 09'. The clubhouse wa shis getaway and although she camped there she wasn't a fan. She was there from 3:30p-10p and it was great making memories with here there. Before I knew it it was midnight and I was ready for bed.
Once that was all taken care of we hit the road. The hardest part of the ride, besides pulling the 36lb live weight in a bike trailer, was getting up the big hill on the rock road that leads to the clubhouse.
The ride involved all kinds of bikes... monster tires, two seaters, and a bike trailer.
We weren't even halfway to our destination when my pedal fell off. I called for backup, hooked Oliver up to my Aunts bike and sent everyone on their way while I waited for the roadside assistance. When Tim showed up I switched bikes, he offered me a ride to catch up but I refused... I was in it for the bike ride. I took off and pedaled my butt off until I caught up with them. We sat at the Wine & Dine for about 40 minutes then headed back. We spent the remainder of the evening munching, visiting and planning the upcoming holidays. The best part of this day was when my grandma showed up. She hasn't been down there to really enjoy herself since my grandpa passed in 09'. The clubhouse wa shis getaway and although she camped there she wasn't a fan. She was there from 3:30p-10p and it was great making memories with here there. Before I knew it it was midnight and I was ready for bed.
Sunday we were up early and ready for church and Tim's newest nephew's baptism. I know we don't go to church often but I am sooo glad my boys know how to act in church, or public in general. I don't know the kids who were sitting behind us but at one point I was about to grab their legs and give them "the stare" because they would not stop kicking, like MMA style, the back of the pew for about 5 minutes straight. On top of that they were playing with stuffed animals and talking about touching butts, killing the animals and THEN they started watching over the pew at my boys playing with their trucks and they started talking about "just stealing one" of my son's trucks. I was so glad when church was over, I mean I don't even know what the sermon was about I was so sidetracked. We headed to the social hall for lunch and no sooner than we were done with that we headed out to get camper from the clubhouse and clean up whatever was left behind.
We were almost home when we blew another camper tire. This time we didn't have a spare so we had to call Tim's dad to get one off his trailer (one we already investigated to be the perfect fit) and bring it to us. Once the camper was home we unloaded everything that needed washed, would freeze in the winter weather and got it ready for winterization. Before we knew it we had to leave again, travel the same roads we had already been on 4 times before to get Carter from his dad. By the time we got home and ate it was time for bed.
This scene always makes me sad.
Until March/April ol' camper..
we will meet again.
We were almost home when we blew another camper tire. This time we didn't have a spare so we had to call Tim's dad to get one off his trailer (one we already investigated to be the perfect fit) and bring it to us. Once the camper was home we unloaded everything that needed washed, would freeze in the winter weather and got it ready for winterization. Before we knew it we had to leave again, travel the same roads we had already been on 4 times before to get Carter from his dad. By the time we got home and ate it was time for bed.
Yesterday was just a crazy day and there was no time for blogging... Now it is Tuesday, voting day and one day closer to Thanksgiving.










No comments:
Post a Comment