Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up

Another weekend has come and gone. We are yet another week closer to Christmas and I did the first part of Christmas shopping this weekend, well on-line but my boys are done... well all except Carter's bike and a book I want to have made for Evan. Anywho, onto the weekend. 

Friday I was off work for Veteran's Day so we headed to Tim's cousin's house where his Aunt Cindy and Steph (cousin's wife), Tim's sister and his mom were. It was going to be a craft and wine day. The kids literally played outside all day, taking turns to come in and do their craft, while the moms got to hang inside and visit. I got baby boy and girl snuggles, since Steph and Laura both just had babies. 

The three babies. Evan is a full year older then 
the other two, obviously. The babies are only 
about 2 weeks apart. 

Oliver apparently loves babies now because he couldn't
get enough of them on Friday... except he wasn't fond of 
Evan when he was this little, he always tried smothering him. 

It was a good relaxing day... until I got home. All the boys were tired and crabby, in turn making me crabby. Then Tim comes home to tell us we have to rush through supper, showers and then leave the house because the power company is coming to see why our house seems to be getting more power then we are supposed to,  which also meant they were going to have to shut off our power. Since Oliver is deathly afraid of the dark it was best we left the house. But seriously guys our house could have burnt down. We went to Tim's parents until we got the call to come home. By the time we were home, settled in bed and all was quiet I was exhausted, it was late and I was just going to bed and not getting to work out. 

Saturday I was up and out of the house by 7a for a hair appointment and to run a few errands... alone. The silence was nice. By the time I got home it was time to turn around and leave for the parties we had been invited to. We dropped Carter off at his friend's house, which is also where Party #2 will be, then headed to some friends house for their son's 2nd birthday party. Oliver was amazed at all the tractors he was able to play with and if we would have let him he would have played all night. We visited for a bit before having to leave for party #2 which was a Thank-You party our friend were throwing. The husband got injured baling hay at the beginning of the summer and his wife was unable to drive due to some health issues. They invited those over that helped during their trying months for a bon-fire as a thank you. They provided all the food and drinks. By the time we got home it was past 11p and I was once again not going to be getting my exercises in. 

Sunday Tim let me sleep in, but really I was up when they were because the do not talk softly nor do the two oldest boys stay out of trouble long enough for Tim to NOT be yelling at one of them. I was up at 8:30a and had my exercise clothes on by 10a. Tim and the two older boys left to get the deer stands ready for this coming weekend while Evan napped and I exercised. I was behind by 4 workouts and I was able to get 3 in before the boys returned and Evan woke. We took a 1/2 mile bike ride up and down the driveway

we got our gear ready for hunting season AND I found my FOID card that had been missing since I went hunting in 2012. 

It was in my hunting backpack that Tim and I both checked, double checked and triple checked every single year since I thought I lost it. Guys, this missing FOID card is the reason I haven't hunted since 2012. I had to wait to claim a lost card and then re-apply... three years later, a new card and the weekend before Shotgun Deer season and the darn thing is found. Anyway, by the time it was dark we headed in for supper, baths and to settle on the couch for another Harry Potter movie (Carter and Tim started watching them again this weekend). I had to surrender the TV to them so I started up my dinosaur of a computer and did my final workout on there...and pray I don't ever have to do that again. I also had the time to use some of our very ripe bananas and made muffins. Once HP was over everyone headed to bed, if they weren't already in bed. 

Now it is Monday. I fought with starting the day because I am really REALLY sore... but I put my big girl panties on and here I am slaying the day. What did you do this weekend?

No comments: