Thursday, August 4, 2016

Catching the Zzzzz's

All mothers know that once you have kids you never sleep again. With my older two I really couldn't complain. They slept through the night at 6 weeks however Evan is going on 10 months and still hasn't figured it out. We, meaning I, are up between 2-5 times a night. Add a toddler sleeping in my bed and I just do not sleep. 

I am truly not one to medicate myself to a coma and those that know me know that I don't even take an aspirin for a headache. But desperate times call for desperate measures. When I was asked to try ZzzQuil I thought, heck what could it hurt.

These were the games I played in one night before I finally fell asleep. 
In between games I lay there for 15-20 minutes before I just need to be 
doing something so I pick up the ipad and start playing yet another game.

A normal bed routine for me is to get all the boys bathed and ready for their 8:30p bed time. I then finish up what I am doing downstairs and turn in about 9-9:30p. After crawling in bed my husband always had the tv however, I am not a tv in bed person so I take my glasses off lay there for a few trying to fall asleep on my own before just giving in and grabbing my ipad and either reading a book or playing some game before finally falling asleep. I never know really what time I actually fall asleep. Then I normally have Oliver kicking me, stealing my blanket or kicking me off the bed so I will put him in his bed (for the 30th time) only for him to return about an hour later. Some where in there Evan will have woke once maybe twice either for a bottle or a diaper change. This is repeated 4-5 more times and then my alarm goes off. 

There was one night I told Tim I don't care if they scream and wake the whole house he will be taking over my nightly routine so I can sleep. I popped one of these gel caps about 15-20 minutes before heading to bed and I don't even remember playing my first round of Solitaire before dozing off. I had the best night sleep I had had in well... almost 10 months.

I received #ZzzQuil for testing purposed however all the opinions are my own. 

No comments: