Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up

It has been a crazy busy weekend. Tim was hunting all weekend and I had errands, a funeral and birthday parties to attend. Friday I went to my Great Aunt Norma's wake and as I was heading home I got a message that Tim shot a buck. I ran and picked up Oliver from Tim's parents and headed home to wait for Tim to finish cleaning it. Once he was home we ran to Schnuck's to pick up all the fixings for our Thanksgiving feast we are hosting. Once we were home and everything was put away we headed to bed. 

Saturday I was going to go to my Great Aunt's funeral but Oliver had other plans. First he wanted cookies for breakfast and when someone is as crabby as he was you oblige and you let him eat them on the couch...

He obviously got up on the wrong side of the bed and was throwing a fit every .05 seconds so I decided I couldn't pawn him off on anyone else with this attitude and I stayed home and did odd and end stuff around the house, while carrying around Oliver. We ran to get Carter at 1 because his dad was on mandatory overtime and didn't have a sitter for him. Once we got back home I had to lay Oliver down for a nap because I couldn't take it anymore.... but he wasn't having any part of it, he wanted to play Ninja Turtles... people he looks happy but he was a bear.

I finally had to force him to sit in the recliner with me just to get him to sleep. We were all woke up about 5 when Tim called to tell us he shot a doe and had to clean it. The boys and I got ready for my nephews birthday party and waited, and waited, and waited for Tim to get home. Once he got home he decided he was too tired to do anything else, it was 8p. So we all put our pj's on and watched Christmas cartoons the rest of the evening. 

Sunday Oli was up at 5a when Tim got up to go duck hunting so I put him in my bed where he fell back to sleep. This boy needs to learn how golden sleep really is...but I couldn't resist that smile. 

We finally got out of bed about 8 and proceeded with our day. I got some diapers folded, boys fed and living room straightened up. Tim came home to show the boys his two ducks he got and I got ready to meet my mom and SIL's for my mom's birthday. I arrived at Sips & Splatters for some painting fun where we proceeded to visit, paint snowmen and munch on some goodies. I picked the boys up from Tim's parents and headed home where I proceeded to clean a few more odd and end things before Tim's sister and boys stopped by. Since we missed Bart's party we gave him his present and the boys played for about an hour while we visited. Once everyone was gone and our house was quiet we all headed to bed but not before a snack and some goofy time. 

Now to get ready for the Thanksgiving gathering we are hosting. I love this holiday!

2 comments:

Erin Shell ~ Living A Love Song said...

Tucker was a grumpy butt all weekend too, but his was definitely from teething. The kid also refused to nap so I eventually gave in and ran errands so he would sleep in the car. That didn't help me get a nap though! lol.

Nikki @ WishUponAShootingStar said...

Oh my gosh! How cute is Oliver?!? And that pretty hair! Ahhhh!

Tim seems to be having a pretty sucessful hunting season so far. I don't know anything about hunting, but I know a lot of people who spend hours up in a tree and end up with nothing.