Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday's Recipe (Strawberry Wraps)

I am sharing another recipe today that I got off Schnucks.com. They are Strawberry Wraps, I think the worst part of these wraps are the sugars but I am sure you can use a substitute.


Courtsey of California Strawberry Commission
and Schnucks.com
What you need:
2 cups strawberries (stemmed and quartered)
4 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
4- 8in flour tortillas
1 cup low fat cottage cheese 

To Prepare:
Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
Heat the tortillas in a skillet, (I used the microwave for about 15 seconds).
In the center of the tortilla place 1/4 cup of the cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of the strawberries. Sprinkle with a tbsp or so of the sugar mixture and roll folding in the bottom and then the sides.




This is a super easy recipe and it is something like but filling to eat for breakfast. Believe it or not Tim actually liked this recipe. They are actually perfect for those hot summers when you really don't want to heat up the house. ENJOY!


1 comment:

Laura said...

I was thinking these would be a great dessert too!