This was one long weekend with a lot of stuff to do. Our Friday started with a bon-fire at Tim's Uncle Mark's and Aunt Brenda's for Estell's (Tim's grandma) birthday. It was a great visit with Tim's family. Caleb, Bart and Tad dressed up to show off their great Halloween costumes, oh, Laura dressed too. The food was wonderful and the fire was warm. We stayed until about 10 or so and then went home and settled in bed. Apparently I had a long day because I don't remember hitting the pillow.
Saturday started when Tim woke at the butt-crack-of- dawn to go duck hunting, when he leaned in to give me a kiss I was startled and thought I was going to be late for work, Tim had to remind me it was only Saturday so I went back to sleep. I woke about 9:30 and decided to get ready to possibly have a productive day, I just didn't know what I was going to do yet. As I was getting ready Tim came back from hunting to tell me all his stories. I finally was ready and left about 10:30 and on my way back to my house I called my mom to see if she wanted to hang out with me. She met me at Old Navy, where I took back some shirts and then we went to the mall where we proceeded to find clothes for a wedding we were going to that evening. We hung around there for about 3 hours or so and then headed back to mom's car when I realized I hadn't ate anything all day so we stopped at Bread Co. where we sat and chatted for about an hour. I figured I needed to head home and see what Tim was doing so Mom and I left each other about 4p and I headed home to get some stuff before heading back to Tim's house. When I got to Tim's I unloaded the car and then we took a Rhino ride to the woods and to pick up Ace (Tim's rabbit dog who was let out to run). We couldn't catch Ace so we went back to Tim's house and started getting ready for the wedding reception we were invited to. Since we were only invited to the dance part we decided we would go to Applebee's for dinner, I know I said I was tired of eating there but I didn't feel like going to one of the bar and grills and then leaving there smelling like the bar and grill, so Applebee's it was. After dinner we went and picked up Matt and headed to the reception where we seen a lot of our friends and Tim's aunt and uncle's. The company was nice, the bride and groom looked beautiful and the party as fun. We got back home about 1am and went to bed, Sunday was going to be a long day.
Sunday we were up bright and early getting ready for mass and to work at the Wurstmart. I just kept thinking this was going to be a long day. We had 9am mass and then after mass I went into the dining hall and started helping, before I knew it it was time to start seating people. I was on the same table as Linda (Tim's mom) which was nice because she was able to show me the ropes. Our 11-2 shift actually went really fast and I was done before I knew it so I walked over to the Country Store to see if Tim was finished with his shift, we got our carry outs and headed back to Tim's house. Once at Tim's house we ate out lunch, drove down to see the duck blind and then went and visited the Krebel's before I had to head out to get Carter.
Tim and what is left of the duck blind after this years flooding.
Sad, those boys put so much work into it and it is trashed.
At 6p I met Carter and his dad at the gas station in Waterloo and headed back home. Tim had come over and we were watching t.v. when we decided we were hungry so we ordered IMO'S. We ate dinner, finished watching a sad Cardinals game and settled in for the night. I think I may have fallen asleep on the couch by 9p, I was exhausted.
My weekend, although it sounded busy, was pretty uneventful. There were no funny stories or instances that happened that were great enough to either share (if something did happen I don't remember it).
I also want to share that 3 years ago this past weekend is when Tim and I met "officially" for the first time, I had seen him around and maybe even spoke with him before but never knew his name. I was bartending a wedding reception at Freeda's and he was sitting at the end of the bar with one of my friends. He was drinking slow and I was joking with him for it (he will tell you I was making fun of him). I will share the whole story with you on November 1st (that is the 3 year anniversary from our first date).





3 comments:
What time did you get to the reception? We went over to Ryans about 9:30? Then we were gonna do that for a bit and head back over to the reception, but at 10:30 we were both beat and ended up going home to bed. We walked in and my mom made fun of us "old folk" for being home so early! I wished we coulda drank some beers together!
We got to the reception about 8:40-ish. We weren't invite to the dinner portion so we went to Applebee's for dinner then went and picked up Matt before heading to the reception. We stayed until the end and I was looking for you. I seen Mike there... no Angie. Believe me, Tim and I were ready to go about 10:30-ish but we had Chatty-Matty and couldn't get away. We just weren't in celebration mode.
My brother was there? I didnt know he was going. He should of told me!
Post a Comment