This is what I get to see as I do my evening runs. Isn't it beautiful. Beats running on a track or a road any day.
Saturday I was up by 7:00a and ready to go yard sale-ing with my friend Lyndsay and her sister Angie. We went all over Valmeyer, Waterloo and even the one in Burkesville (you know the one I blogged about last week and didn't find anything). I found a wine rack that holds 20+ bottles for $5.00, a few pair of jeans for Carter that totaled no more than $1.00, and a chicken costume (0-6 months) that I couldn't pass up for $5.00 and a few other odd and ends things that I really can't remember. I budgeted myself $40.00 but only spend $23.00.
I mean really, it's from Old Navy and it is freakn' cute... how could I pass it up.
Now I was really looking for a desk for my house and I thought maybe I wasn't going to really find anything, I was even willing to spend about $20-$30 on it. We went to the Burkesville yard sale last and would you believe that I found the type of desk I was looking for, for $3.00, now that is a steal. All this desk needed was some TLC, just a little paint and new hardware and it would be as good as new. After all our yard sale-ing we went to Rural King so I could purchase some things for my yard. I wanted to to a pumpkin/mum landscape that included my house number. After all this running I got back home about 1:30, put up my landscape (that turned out super cute), I went inside and put all my other purchases away and started making a Bacon, Ranch and Cheese Sourdough Bread appetizer for one of the two parties that we were going to. I got those in the oven and jumped in the shower because my boys were going to be home soon and I wanted to be as close to ready as I could be so we could leave at a decent time. I know what you are wondering, where was Carter during all this running. Well Tim said that Carter could stay with him so they went to the farm and Carter got to ride in the big truck to haul beans, he got to visit with Bob and Linda and Connie, he got to take rides on the Rhino and combine beans. Tim and Carter were super busy all day and when they got home I was chop liver to Carter. You remember that totem pole from a few blogs back... yep, Tim is STILL on top.
Carter helping haul beans for the Seboldt Brothers.
Anyway, when the boys got home they showered and got ready and we left about 3:50p to head to the first of the two parties we were invited to for the night. The first party was Aunt Cindy Keller's 60th birthday party, a surprise. We got to visit with Tim's family and I got to see Nathan and Stephanie's new baby (who is adorable). Before we knew it it was time for us to go and head to the next party. Our second party was Jordan Matthew's welcome party, he is in the Marines and is home for only about 20 days(give or take) and his family was throwing a party in celebration of him and all he does for our freedom and so we could all see him on his short stay at home. It was a wonderful visit with all those people but by 8:30p Tim, Carter and I were wiped out and ready to go home. We headed back to my house where we changed into our jammies, tucked Carter into bed and settled on the couch for the night. I don't think Tim and I even watched a lick of TV, we were both out before you knew it.
Sunday we were up at 7:30a getting ready for church. We were going to take Carter to Sunday school but Caleb wasn't going so Carter didn't want to go so since we had time to kill before church ( I know hard to believe right) we went to Bob and Linda's and visited for a while. We got to church and everything was going great until Carter decided he wanted to sit on the floor instead of in the pew. After I gave him "the look" and whispered in his ear that he needed to sit in the seat and not on the floor his attitude and demeanor went down hill from there. He was the worst he had ever been in church, driving his car all over the pew, sitting on the floor, putting his feet on the pew, throwing a fit because he wanted a snack... OMG by the end of church I wanted to scream. After church we went back to Tim's and made brunch, ate and cleaned up. Carter and I left to head to Home Depo and Target and Tim headed to the woods to help his friend Matt clear a path to his deer stand and work on a door for the Iraq Shaq. Carter and I got paint and new hardware for this desk of mine, we picked up some odds and ends stuff that we needed for home and headed back home or at least to home long enough to drop off our stuff and switch vehicles. Once back at Tim's I got things ready to paint my desk and I picked up a chair along the way to paint as well.
The newly redone desk and chair.
Tim helped with the painting and once we were done we gathered all my stuff (laundry, desk, chair, etc.) and jumped in the truck to head to my house. We dropped off all my crap and then headed to Rural King where we purchased Carter a new pair of cowboy boots. After the Rural King trip we headed to Apple Bee's for supper. I do believe that was the worst service we had there in a long time, they messed up the sauces that we ordered, took forever to fill our drinks and we were in there for 2 hours. We couldn't wait to leave. When we got home everyone took showers or baths and got ready for bed, we tucked Carter in for the night and Tim and I landed on the couch like we do almost all other nights we stay at my house.
I had a great weekend. I hope the week is just a wonderful.








No comments:
Post a Comment