CHUNKY LOADED POTATO SOUP
5 lb bag potatoes (washed and cubed into 1 in. squares)
1 large box of chicken broth and one small can (unsure on ounces of each)
16 oz cream cheese (2 blocks)
1 package of bacon (fried, drained and crushed)
1 large yellow onion (chopped)
2 cups green onions (chopped)
1 bag mild shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of sour cream
salt to taste
pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
2 cups water (give or take to cover what the chicken broth didn't)
Wash and cube your potatoes and place them in a large stock pot. Chop onion and place in stock pot. Pour all of the chicken broth into the stock pot, if the potatoes are not covered then add water until they are completely covered in liquid. Add both blocks of cream cheese along with the 2 cups of sour cream. cook until blended and the potatoes are cooked. Fry bacon, drain of grease, crush and place in the stock pot. Chop green onions and add to stock pot. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, we like ours peppery so we added a lot of pepper. Cook until flavors are well blended. Once you are ready to serve you add the whole bag of the shredded cheese and serve.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you aren't feeding an army you are going to have a lot to eat as leftovers. If you eventually get tired of eating it as left overs but don't want to see it go to waste here is what I did. I took my muffin/cupcake pans and scooped enough to fill each spot. I placed plastic wrap over the muffin pan and placed it in the freezer. Once they are frozen I will take them out of the freezer, take the soup out of the muffin tins and place them in a vacuum seal bag and put them back into the freezer. Now you have one bowl of potato soup, you won't have to thaw the whole container of it just for one bowl.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometime you don't just want to eat potato soup, I know we didn't, so we also made BBQ pork steaks and green beans with it and the whole dinner was filling and delicious.
Enjoy everyone... I hope I inspired you to make a soup this weekend. I know we are going to do chili.






No comments:
Post a Comment