Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up





What a great weekend had with family and friends... mainly family. Since it was Memorial weekend we stayed with tradition and went camping at the clubhouse with the Vasquez family. Friday night my Aunt had her son's college graduation at the clubhouse. Where we visited and sat around the campfire until the early hours. 

Saturday Oliver was up when Tim left for work, 5:30a. Tim got him set up with a drink and a movie and was quiet until about 7a, about the same time grandma text to let me know she was up. Oh, ya, Tim's parents were camping with us. Anyway, Evan was upset with Oliver for waking him so I put him in bed with me, changed his butt and gave him a cup of milk and he was back to sleep in no time.. we got to sleep until about 9:30a.
My 1st cousins boy Jackson. She is just the snugglest thing.

Once we woke we headed to the clubhouse for breakfast, which was baggie omelets (I will share this tomorrow). Some had left after breakfast for other graduation parties and such while the small group left at the clubhouse was relaxing before we had to get ready for a family wedding. This small group, which consisted of my in-laws, Uncle Mark, Aunt Lynn, Cousin Sam and Cousin Kelli, Brother Eric and my boys and nieces, was surprised when my brother Randy's Tahoe pulled up. He was at the party the night before and told us that he wouldn't be there the remainder of the weekend because he had to work. Only then we realized it was my baby brother Bryan, the one I visited the weekend before in Minnesota. 

He even knew he was showing up to the clubhouse the weekend I went to visit. It was the best surprise. We talked him into going to the wedding as well, he actually took my +1 because Tim was working. Before we knew it we had to get ready for the wedding. My boys stayed back with my in-laws while I went to church with my family and then to the reception where our favorite Fish Eye guy was there working the photo booth. They had some of the best wedding cake every... so many choices, from red velvet to peanut butter to german chocolate and coconut. 
My Uncle Jay and I (we are only 6 years apart)

Randy was at work but he made it for a bit...lol

I was ready to leave about 10p so I hitched a ride back to the clubhouse with my brothers where I stayed up a bit longer before calling it a night. 

When your baby brother doesn't show up to camp but once in a 
blue moon you photo overload him. This is Bryan and Evan, his godson.

Sunday Tim didn't have to work so he, Oliver and Evan (poor kid was woke by Oliver again) were up and out of the camper early. I slept until about 9a and joined everyone for breakfast. Once everything was cleaned up we played a very competitive game of kickball before needing a permanent break.
Carter and Uncle Eric practicing pitching... Eric even has Carter throwing better.

The remainder of the day we played other games, rode bikes, rode 4-wheelers and just enjoyed not being rushed. It is amazing how fast time goes when you are having fun. I called it a night about 1am and I am glad I did because when I got to the camper, where Tim and the boys were already sleeping, Evan was crying. I showered and then put him in bed with me, since Tim was sleeping with O. 
Two of my favs.


Monday mornings of 3 day weekends are my least favorite. I hate seeing fun weekends come to an end. I was up at 8 and started packing the camper and then joined everyone else for breakfast. We visited a bit, cleaned the clubhouse and gradually everyone was packed up and leaving the clubhouse by noon. We have unpacking down to a science so it took about 10 minutes and the laundry was done in only three loads. We relaxed napped the remainder of the day and watched Moana and Trolls. 

Evan and O attempting to share a bed.
I had to move them because they had switched spots
and Evan was about to fall off at one point. 

I can honestly say I did not want to wake up this morning nor did I want to come to work... but here I am. How was your Memorial Weekend?

No comments: