I can't believe it is Tuesday already. I missed yesterday because it was really busy and it is another short week for me, deer season again. It was a long weekend so let's get to it...
Wednesday my boss let us off 2 hours early so I stopped by the bank, stopped by a friends house to pick up ornament supplies, and then headed home. Once home I changed clothes and grabbed leftovers out of the fridge so we could head to Tim's parents. The plan was I could help Linda get ready for Thanksgiving and Tim could help his dad cut up my deer. However, Linda was basically done when I got there so we just sat and visited while the guys were out in the shed butchering. When they were done we headed home and went to bed.
Thursday was Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday ever. Oliver had us all up early so I got my workout in, Tim finished putting together the salad. While I was finishing up my exercises Tim and the boys got ready. While I was getting ready Tim shouted up the stairs that his brother called and told him to get to his parents house "NOW". Tim assumed it was a deer hunting matter so he grabbed a change of clothes and left. I was left to finish getting myself ready, pack everything, load up everything and tend to two crabby, needy boys. My mood was set before I left the house... and it was not a good one. Thankfully Tim's parents live about 1/2 mile from us and the drinks were ready to be poured, at 11am. It was a good day of visiting with family, looking through the sales ads, beer tasting, wine tasting and just having fun.
Before we knew it it was after 8p and time to go home. Once we got home we prepped for the next day and headed to bed.
Some one mashed Mr. Potato head.
Before we knew it it was after 8p and time to go home. Once we got home we prepped for the next day and headed to bed.
Friday Tim was out of the house for his annual rabbit hunt and Oliver got up with him. When Tim left he had Oliver tucked in on the couch watching his shows... but no sooner then Tim pulled out of the driveway Oliver came to my room bawling because "Daddy took Ace hunting and not Remme." At 6am this was an awesome conversation to be having with my 3 year old... It went something like 'Oli, Ace is a rabbit hunting dog, Remme is a duck hunting dog....' He still didn't understand, or didn't want to, I attempted to get him to lay with me in my bed so I can stay there longer but he snuck off and woke up Evan. By this point there was no use in staying in bed. I got up, put on my workout clothes and we all headed down stairs so I could get them fed and I could work out.
Before we knew it I had to meet Carter's dad in Waterloo to pick him up and then head to WalMart. When we were finished with errands we got home, finished our Thanksgiving #2 food and got ready to leave. Tim made it home to wrangle up the boys that weren't getting along, because by this point I was over them. Thanksgiving #2 was at my mom's new house. There was so much food to feed 14 of us that we could have fed another 20 people. It was crazy. We visited, set some holiday traditions and finally left at 11p. The boys didn't even make it out of the subdivision and they were asleep. One home we all went straight to bed.
Before we knew it I had to meet Carter's dad in Waterloo to pick him up and then head to WalMart. When we were finished with errands we got home, finished our Thanksgiving #2 food and got ready to leave. Tim made it home to wrangle up the boys that weren't getting along, because by this point I was over them. Thanksgiving #2 was at my mom's new house. There was so much food to feed 14 of us that we could have fed another 20 people. It was crazy. We visited, set some holiday traditions and finally left at 11p. The boys didn't even make it out of the subdivision and they were asleep. One home we all went straight to bed.
Saturday was Thanksgiving #3. Tim let Evan and I sleep in... We both woke at 9am. We were both in a good mood. We didn't have much time to get ready for Thanksgiving #3 so we threw the salad together, rushed the kids through the shower and rushed to get ourselves ready before having to head out the door. I was only a few minutes behind schedule. I got to visit with my grandpa, aunts and uncles. We got to switch deer hunting stories and we had a wonderful day. We left there about 4:30p and when we got home I freshened up and did some online shopping before heading out to meet Laura (Tim's sister) and Lacey (Twins GF) for Laura's birthday. We ate supper at Lisa's in a small town not far from home and then bar hopped closer to Waterloo so it wasn't to far for Laura to drive home. Steph, Tim's cousin, met up with us at the halfway point. It was so much fun I can't wait to do it again... who's birthday is next? I got home at 1:45p, did a few things downstairs before heading to bed... Once I got to my room I found my husband was still wide awake and sick. UGH! Why do men with head colds act as if they are dying? I asked if he has a fever or throwing up and when he answered no I decided to ignore him and got to bed.
Sunday I slept until 9a AGAIN this is rare and I was excited it happened two days in a row. I sat downstairs with the littles for a bit before jumping in the shower. Because Tim was sick he was no help keeping the boys occupies and from fighting while I was trying to get out of the house for my cousin's baby shower... that was over 45 minutes away. I was running a little behind but what shower really starts right away. I chatted with my brother Bryan on the way there, gosh I miss him. While I was there I got to visit with all of my dad's family that I missed on Thanksgiving.
Sam got a lot of nice things, some things I have never seen before, not even a year ago when Evan was born. I helped them take everything down and pack up their cars before heading home. Once I got home the boys and I decorated the tree, put up other Christmas decorations and cleaned the house.
Once we were finished with that I got the boys ready for bed and tucked in then went down stairs and did days 20 and 21 of Core De Force since I missed Saturday's workout. Once I finished that I just sat in the dark living room with the tree lit and soaked in the silence before heading to bed.
Baby Boy Cousin's name is going to be Jackson John Hagemenn. I am through the roof
excited to meet this little guy.
Sam got a lot of nice things, some things I have never seen before, not even a year ago when Evan was born. I helped them take everything down and pack up their cars before heading home. Once I got home the boys and I decorated the tree, put up other Christmas decorations and cleaned the house.
Once we were finished with that I got the boys ready for bed and tucked in then went down stairs and did days 20 and 21 of Core De Force since I missed Saturday's workout. Once I finished that I just sat in the dark living room with the tree lit and soaked in the silence before heading to bed.
This guy was bought for my first Christmas in 1979
by my Uncle who was only 6 years old.












1 comment:
Holy cow! Did you breathe all weekend?!?! That made me tired reading it! Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment