Thursday, June 5, 2014

Paleo Recipe- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash

I haven't shared a recipe is a while so I though no better time to do so then today. I asked my husband what his favorite one was and he says.. Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash. This dish was the bomb diggity folks. If you like hot wings you are going to LOVE this. I actually found it on pinterst.com and it was linked a blog called Foodologie. This is where I learned you can cook your squash in the micorwave for 10-15 minutes. When I read this I was sold on the recipe. 


Here are the things you need for the recipe, with my notes behind all of the things I changed. For the full recipe go to Foodologie.



1 spaghetti squash
3-4 green onions
1-2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces 
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 cup shredded carrots (I bought the already shredded ones in the produce section)
1 cup shredded cabbage (I bought cole slaw mix and I used a fresh head of cabbage (it was made twice it was that good))
1 cup Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (or more if you’d like but honestly I thought the 1 cup was just enough)
1-2 oz Blue Cheese (I used my paleo ranch dressing because I don't like Blue Cheese.I used about a 1/4c. and mixed it in but the second time we made it I didn't mix anything in and it was delish without the ranch)
This recipe will serve 4-6.
Tim and Carter loved this meal so much there weren't even left overs. If you try it let me know what you think... then thank Foodologie for posting the oh so delicious recipe. 

2 comments:

Brittney, Breaking Free said...

so what do you do just mix it all together?

Karla @ Foodologie said...

Yay I'm so glad you liked it! Ranch sounds like an awesome combo on there too! I'm trying that next time!