I told you all that I would share my Sweet and Sour Green Bean recipe with you and today is the day. My Grandpa Zip LOVES this dish. It is a play on German Potato Salad but with green beans, my grandpa loves his German food so it was a given he would love this.
SWEET & SOUR GREEN BEANS
What you need:
![]() |
| No picture of this dish again... But though I would share this funny pic of Carter and 2 of his crazy uncles. |
2 cans of green beans (drained)
4 bacon slices (fried and chopped)
1 med onion (chopped)
1 tbsp of all purpose flour
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
dash or two of pepper
1/4 c. water
To Prepare:
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over high heat, flipping occasionally until crispy. Place fried bacon on a plate and set to the side.
- Add onion to bacon grease and cook until translucent.
- Add flour to onion and stir.
- Pour vinegar and water into the pan.
- Add the salt, sugar, pepper and stir. Bring this mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and add the green beans.
- Crumble the bacon and add it to the mix and stir. Cook until the green beans are heated.
This serves about 6 people.
_________________________________________
I found this recipe in the Vasquez Family Cookbook years ago and made it for my dad and brothers for supper one night, they loved it and I was pretty proud of that. Years later when I moved out of my parents house and had to start taking dishes to family gatherings this was the first dish I took. My grandpa loved it so much that he requested it for every Easter. Since then my mom's family had made a menu and assigns everyone's dish. I haven't got green beans in a while but if I ever do I will be bringing this.
ENJOY!






No comments:
Post a Comment