Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday's Recipe (Chocolate Cheesecake)

I have this addiction to the "recipe box" at schnucks.com, they have some amazing recipes that Carter, Tim and I have tried and this Chocolate Cheesecake was one of our fav's. I love being in the kitchen so any recipe I find that looks amazing I am going to try it. I have to say this rates up there with  my moms homemade cheesecake. I hope you enjoy.


Courtesy of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
and Schnucks.com
What you will need: 
24 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies ~ Oreos (crushed)
1/2 Stick Butter
4-8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 c. Sugar
2 Tbsp. Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
1pkg. Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate (melted and slightly cooled)
4 Eggs

To Prepare:
  • Heat oven to 325.
  • Mix cookie crumbs and butter, press into bottom of 13x9 pan. Bake for about 10 minutes.
  • Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add chocolate, mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low until well blended. Pour over crust.
  • Bake for 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 4 hours. 
  • Served topped with berries of your choice, or none at all. 
Tim LOVES cheese cake so this was one of this favorite desserts so when I make any flavor he is happy. I even have a cheese cake filling I put in cupcakes and my wedding cakes. It is amazing. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Laura said...

And why have we not had this at a family thing yet? Huh?! Next time - Please!