Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's Recipe (Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo)

So I shared our Valentine dinner tradition with you and this year I made Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo, the sauce was from scratch. My boys loved it and I hope you do too.

SHRIMP FETTUCCINE ALFREDO

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 bag Shrimp (cleaned and de-tailed)
1 box Fettuccine Noodles
1 sm. container Half and Half
2 Garlic Cloves (pressed/crushed)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 stick of Butter
Lia Maria's Original Spread


TO PREPARE:
In a large pot boil your noodles according to the box, I put a dash of salt in the noodles to avoid them sticking together. Once the noodles are done drain, place back in the pot and set to the side.

Pour the Shrimp into a large skillet. Place the lid over the shrimp and let simmer on low for about 7-10 minutes, until all are warmed through. Stir occasionally. Once the shrimp are warmed then drain any juice off of them and place in a bowl, add a large spoonful or two of Lia Maria's spread on the shrimp and stir. Let set until ready.

Place the butter in another skillet and over medium heat melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add the  crushed garlic and sautee until you can really smell the garlic. Add the container of half and half to the butter and garlic, bring it to a boil. Once the sauce is boiling add it to the noodles and stir. Once the sauce is blended then add the shrimp and Parmesan cheese and mix. Salt and pepper to taste.

I served this with garlic cheese bread and my boys loved it. Carter actually ate everything on his plate and asked for seconds. ENJOY!

No comments: