Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday's Recipe (Italian Beef)

Tim LOVES Italian Beef, actually he loves his second mom's Italian Beef so I have the task of making him love mine more, after all I am the one that will be cooking most of his meals for the rest of his life. below is what I did to make my Italian Beef, and Tim actually liked it... votes are still out of the love part, I may have to attempt a few more times.

Italian Beef
What You Need:
2 med size beef roasts
1 jar pepperchinis (whole but de-steamed)
1 packet Louie's Italian Beef Au Jas
2 packets Good Season's Italian Dressing
1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 Tall Boy Beer (of your choice, I used Natty Light)
1 med Onion (chopped)
Pepper (I used about a table spoon)
Water (amt varies)
1 bottle of Italian dressing
Provolone Cheese
Hoagie Buns

Putting It Together:
Place the 2 roasts into the crock-pot. Then pour in the beer, onion and pepperchinis. Next open and pour the au jas, Italian dressing, and onion soup mix packets into the crock-pot with about a table spoon (or to taste) or so of pepper. Cover the meat with water and set your crock-pot on high and let cook for about 6-7 hours. Once it is cooked pull the meat out of the crock pot and shred it, once it is shredded place the meat back in the crock pot and add the bottle of Italian dressing and let cook for another 20 minutes to half hour. Once finished serve on hoagie buns with a slice of provolone cheese on top.

We ate this twice this past weekend, the first time we served it with loaded mashed potatoes and the second time with mac and cheese. Everyone LOVED it... or at least appeased me and told me they did.





No comments: