My Friday didn't start off that well. I was home alone because Tim had already left for work and Carter had spent the night at his dads house, so as I am getting ready I hear some rustling in my kitchen. The noise was like one was taking a plastic bag and balling it up so I went in to investigate. The noise was coming from a basket on my shelf, I keep my pasta and rice bags in this basket, I kick the shelf and nothing happened, but the noise didn't quiet. I picked up the basket and there was a little one that was running back and forth on the shelf and as I moved to put the basket on my table one fell out of the bottom of the basket and came within inches from falling on my foot.... eeeeeekkkkkkkkk! I text Tim right away and told him to get rid of them. I HATE mice! That evening Tim came over and he forgot the mice catching devices, ugh! We got ready and went to our friend Jake and Kristen Vogt's house for the World Series party.
Mel, Matt S., Jaime and Matt K. conversing on the couch.
Probably about farming..
Carter was wound up all night and loved playing with their dogs Mia and Gunner, he also enjoys picking on Jake and Tim's friend Matt. It was nice to sit and visit with all our friends, they are the best group of people to hang with, they are all just down to earth and fun. Would you believe that there was only 3 outs left in the game and Carter passed out, you could not wake this boy.
Carter was watching the game.. there are 3 outs left and.... he passes out,
I do believe Jake is Carter's new bff
We headed home about 10:30p and settled in for the night, with the mice.
Saturday Tim got up at 5:00a to go duck hunting, which the group he went with killed out in 15 minutes. Carter and I didn't wake until 9:30a, well I didn't wake until 9:30a but only after a my little man crawled in bed with me.
I don't mind waking to this....
We started getting ready to go meet Kim-O-M, Kim-E-M and Brinley at DiClaros for lunch. After lunch my brother Randy called to see what Tim and I were doing, he said that he was in the area and wanted to stop by and see us. I gave him directions to Tim's house and Carter and I started heading that way. When we got to Tim's Randy had been there a while so we visited for a while. Randy left about 1:30p and I went in to update my phone, Tim took a nap and Carter watched t.v. About 3p Tim wanted to go on a Rhino ride around the farms to see where we were going to hunt and to scope new places out for our stands. We headed back to his house and waited for my laundry to dry before heading back to my house, with the mice. Before leaving Tim's house we decided we needed to run to Walmart and get some things like mouse traps, containers to keep my food in, food, filters and such. After Walmart we went back to my house where I started cleaning my kitchen, literally scrubbing everything, Tim started making supper, and lord knows what Carter was doing... probably talking our ear off (he never shuts up). After supper Carter and Tim played a game of Monopoly while I finished cleaning up the kitchen and getting things back in order.
Carter was so happy Tim wanted to play this game with him,
Tim kinda made up his own rules to make the game
go faster though.
I finished the kitchen as the boys finished their game so I set out some cookies and milk out for a snack... Tim wanted chocolate milk so Carter wanted the same, defiantly monkey see monkey do.
After snack time was over Carter got tucked into bed, I settled on the couch and Tim FINALLY set some mouse traps. About 10 minutes after Tim set the traps we had caught 2 mice, I was feeling more relieved. We fell asleep on the couch.
Sunday I got up at 7:30a and started getting ready for church. As I was getting in the shower my son comes pattering in and starts talking to me I told him to go crawl in bed with Tim and see if he could wake him up so he could start getting ready for church too, he said he didn't want to. I get out of the shower and go looking for Carter to tell him to start getting dressed and I couldn't find him in his room or the living room, I turn on my bed room light and there Carter is in my bed trying to wake Tim. Carter was great in church, he was even the Sunday School Usher (he got a sticker for it too) and got to take the offering up to the Pastor. After church Carter got a ton of compliments on how well behaved he was in church and how well he did with the offering. Tim dropped me off at my car so I could head to my house and get some stuff that we forgot and once I got back to Tim's we ate lunch. After lunch I realized I forgot more crap at my house that I needed so this time Carter and I ran back to my house, then to Waterloo to get some stuff for Tim and back to his house where I started making apple butter. Tim and Matt Schmitz sited in their guns, I was suppose to but the gun I use was locked up in Tim's dads gun safe and he wasn't home for up to get. Once they finished shooting Tim came in and got Carter so he could go out and "shoot" his gun and bow and arrow.
Carter was finished shooting (showing Matt his hunting stuff) and left Tim to clean it up while Carter are a Reese's. Tim said he is going to start calling Carter "little Bob" because his dad wears an orange hat like this when it is cold out.. and Carter refused to take this one off.
While they were outside I baked chocolate chip cookies. After they were finished playing outside Tim came in and got me and we went to, what is left of, our garden. We picked what little stuff we have left and then headed back to the house to put Remme back in his cage and go for a ride (which consists of driving the back roads looking at nature).
Our Remme... he is such a great dog. Follows us every where. If we go on Rhino rides or to the garden and don't let him out of his pin he gets this high pitched squealy-bark until we let him out, we call it his pissed off bark.
Once we got back from our ride we loaded everything up, headed to my house to drop everything off and hopped back into my car to go to McDonald's for chicken nuggets, we seen it on a commercial before leaving Tim's house and decided that is what we were going to do for supper. We got back to my house, ate dinner, watched a little t.v. before tucking Carter into bed and settling on the couch. Tim and I were asleep by 9p.
It was a great weekend... hopefully next weekend I can get my gun sited in because shotgun season is just around the corner.





No comments:
Post a Comment